Monday, January 12, 2009

Giving in and estimating the count

Well, we gave in, I hope for the last time. It is too hard to keep up with the gluttony. I was ready to give up and give in for a while and as usual it took awhile to convince the others. I did not want to do this either but truly I never would have gotten into this situation in the first place because I don't like having to get out of it.

It is a new year so we are not alone in our giving up and giving in and we had no other choice. I blame myself too as much as I don't want to do it and argue about my lack of control which is true too. So how do we start? We start by estimating calories.

Estimating Calories

To find out how many calories you need each day, you can do two things. First decide, how much you want to weigh? Use your target weight not your current weight to determine your number. Select an activity factor that fits your current activity level.

Þ Your target weight:
Þ Your activity factor:
20= Very active men
15= Moderately active men or very active women
13= Inactive men, moderately active women, and people over 55
10= Inactive women, repeat dieters, seriously overweight people

Þ Target weight x activity factor = Calories needed each day.

For example if your target weight is 130 and you are moderately active woman (factor 13), you need about 1,600 to 1,700 calories
130 pounds x 13= 1,690
Eating this amount of calories each day would guarantee weight loss because you are getting only enough calories to support your target weight, not current heavier weight. Ad extra exercise to your regular routine and weight will come off even

No comments:

Post a Comment