- Drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages.
Sometimes we confuse thirst with hunger and end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really what we need. Add citrus or a splash of juice, or brew peach or black current tea. They have a lot of flavor and no calories.
- Get calories from foods you chew, not things you sip.
- Never eat to fast. Do you eat standing up? Do you rush your meals? Do you eat in your car? Pay attention to where you eat and limit the places. You will eat less.
- Visualize your success. Use affirmations.
- Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away.
- Shoot for a healthy weight. Redefine the “Perfect Body.”
When I show teenagers a picture of Marilyn Monroe they think she is overweight! Yet, if Marilyn Monroe lived during the Renaissance period, she would have been considered too thin. When food was scarce to be “fat” was considered a sign of health and wealth. Today we consider “very skinny” beautiful but it may not be very healthy.